torsdag 19 februari 2015

The Magpie And Starling FINAL

The Magpie And Starling


     Well now after some experimenting (wich will lead to other flies in the future) I've decided how I want my Magpie And Starling to look and behave. My intentions were to design a fly that could be fished either as a dry, emerger or wet fly. This summer will tell if it will be a successful pattern. Either way I like to tie it. The tying instructions are as follows:

Hook:                     

L4A Captain Hamilton Featherweight Dry Fly Down Eye #14

Thread:                   

Pearsall's Gossamer color Cardinal

Hackle:                   

Purple starling feather (each starling skin has some in a good size)

Tail and body:        

Magpie secondary wing feather (the iridescent blue part) 4 fibres

      
     This hook has been one of my favourite hooks since the early 80'ties. Sadly I don't have so many left, and they aren't produced anymore, so if someone knows where to find some I'd really appreciate to hear about it.

Kind regards,
Mats Olsson


CLICK TO ENLARGE THE PICTURE

Inga kommentarer: