lördag 18 januari 2014

My Favourite Fly Fishing Hot Spots - Part Three and a half

ANDÅN - THE UPPER POOL

Copyright Mats Olsson - All Rights Reserved

          What was it I experienced in this pool (I never explained that in the last post)? It was something quite surprising. By then "The Mink" had been created and I was using that dry fly all the time as it produced so well. So I tossed it out in the middle of the pool and to my surprise a trout jumped out of the water, up in the air and took the dry fly from above. As I mostly try to set the hook to quickly I dragged the fly out of the trouts mouth. Even though it was a long time ago I'll never forget that. At that time the waterlevel was about 6 to 8 inches higher than on this picture. I think the rock in the middle of the pool was under the water line. So during almost a decade (the 80'ties) I used exclusively "The Mink" (a pattern I designed fishing this lovely stream) when fly fishing. I'll try to post more frequently in this blog in the future.

Kind Greetings,
Mats Olsson

CLICK THE PICTURE TO ENLARGE

PS Pictures of "The Mink" can be found in posts during December 2011 DS

Inga kommentarer: